Friday 20 August 2010

Researching...

As a start the new project in Accrington, I have been looking at a few books which have been pushed my way through the knitting and crochet networks over here in Salford.

A good friend, and crochet enthusiast Roger Newton  has loaned me 2 books all about the wonderful art of free formed crochet. Having spent quite a long time sifting through the many wonderful images and texts, I have pulled a few out to share with you, which I will definitely been using as inspiration when building the crochet art works for display.

I've scanned a few images to share with you...

Creative Crochet : Nicki Hitz Edson and Arlene Stimmel
(published in 1973 in the UK by Sit Issac Pitman & Sons Ltd. ISBN 0-8230-1040-6)


Horn-nosed Hand Puppet by Mark Dittrick and Detail of Wolf Mask by Nicki Hitz Edson





Crazy Quilt Afghan by Helen Bitar



The Crocheter's Art: New Dimensions in Free-form Crochet: Del Pitt Feldman
(published in 1975 by Thomas Nelson and Sons Ltd,  ISNB: 0 17 149036 3)


Wall Hanging by Sherry Cook. (10ft long, wool)


Journey in Three Stages by Verlys Tarren Reese



No comments:

Post a Comment